School Blog

Monday 10 October 2016

My first PB magazine.



This is my mock up front cover for my Plantsbrook school magazine. I have kept the design to the red white and black colourway to keep the school colour theme. My masthead is large and gives the eye-catching affect. The use of red gives a very demanding effect and really stands out. Around the writing I used a black border and dark drop shadow which are slightly faded, which gives the stand out affect also. At the bottom of the page I used a banner which is slightly transparent which makes the whole magazine look more professional, it also makes the writing inside the banner standout. Towards the top right of the page I used a pug in the same effect as the banner, I gave it a slight transparent look. The image I used was off Mr Farr's blog and think it looks good as the picture has a short depth of field, which means its more focused and gives the area around the main focus a slight blur, which suggest the picture was took on a high quality camera which creates the professional look.

No comments:

Post a Comment